Acorn Archimedes version

Home Forums Previous Months 90 – March 2024: Wolfenstein 3D Acorn Archimedes version

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

• jameswoodcock
    Participant

Hi folks

Really enjoyed the podcast on Wolfenstein 3D.

My first play through was actually on the Acorn Archimedes A3010 version, which was actually a really good port and before I even had a PC I could enjoy this gem of a title on a 32-bit computer.

3 floppy disks of first person shooter excitement. I was quite surprised when I played it that even my mother enjoyed it too, and if I got stuck, she would persevere and help me progress.

It certainly was a maze of epic proportions on many levels. Hunting for ages in the most bizarre setting of rooms that in real life a configuration wouldn’t make sense but regardless somehow added to it’s charm.

I fairly recently got myself another Acorn A3010 so now to find my original floppy disks and have another blast!

The DOS version had a few extra bits the Archimedes version lacked, but nothing groundbreaking. I was quite surprised when collecting items on DOS the sound it madez that was oddly my biggest adjustment to it all.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Previous Months 90 – March 2024: Wolfenstein 3D Acorn Archimedes version