Audiogenic (Shane Warne’s Cricket,Brian Lara Cricket,Battle For Ashes 96/97)

Home Forums Previous Months 95 – August 2024: Cricket Games Audiogenic (Shane Warne’s Cricket,Brian Lara Cricket,Battle For Ashes 96/97)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Pix
    Participant
    Podcaster

Audiogenic seem to have put out a ton of cricket games with slightly differing presentation but near enough identical gameplay and graphics once you get stuck in so I figured I’d lump them all together. These games are a step in the right direction after the tedium of World Cricket. There is a good degree of control as to where to bowl and how fast. Some of the physics feels a little off. If I get one of my fast bowlers to stick it halfway down the pitch it still doesn’t bounce over waist height.

Batting was once again a struggle. Reading a manual might have helped. Mashing the down key seemed to work best. The bowler never covers the stumps so they always throw back to the keeper meaning you can get at least a single every time you hit it down the pitch. I think this was one thing that did get changed in the later versions to stop that tactic. All in all, they don’t seem like bad games. It’s a bit slow and not all that exciting but it is a cricket game so you might say that’s just true to life. It never feels quite like cricket though. Most of the wickets come through run-outs. I wasn’t seeing any at all coming from catches. It all felt a bit too much like it was on autopilot at times. Ian Botham’s Cricket is still my favourite so far. If I was a big cricket fan and bought one of these Audiogenic games at the time I’d have been happy enough though.

Pix
    Participant
    Podcaster

I found a review while I was looking around. Apparently, they also made Graham Gooch Cricket which was out at the same time as Brian Lara, both of which got a review here. It seems like half these cricket games had different names depending where you were. It’s all very confusing

Attachments:
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Previous Months 95 – August 2024: Cricket Games Audiogenic (Shane Warne’s Cricket,Brian Lara Cricket,Battle For Ashes 96/97)