Cricket 96/Ian Botham’s International Cricket 96

Home Forums Previous Months 95 – August 2024: Cricket Games Cricket 96/Ian Botham’s International Cricket 96

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Pix
    Participant
    Podcaster

This was known at Ian Botham’s International Cricket 96 here in the UK although that’s not the version I played as I was stuck with some painful Australian commentators instead. I imagine Botham’s equivalent wouldn’t have been any better.

It’s the most arcade-like of the games so far. I wouldn’t exactly call it fast paced but it’s been one of the easiest to pick up and play. It relies heavily on timing for both bowling and batting and feels the most like real cricket so far.

The presentation is quite nice, aside from the painfully terrible FMV/commentary. It even zooms in and out when you hit the ball further. You can choose which end to throw to, control the fielders when chasing a ball.

I’m actually quite impressed with this one. It’s not brilliant but if you want to play cricket in DOS, it does about everything you could ask for. Hopefully, the commentary gets sorted out in Cricket 97.

I found a few reviews. They are all one page so I’ll just upload them as attachments in 3 posts

Attachments:

Pix
    Participant
    Podcaster

PC Gamer Review

Attachments:

Pix
    Participant
    Podcaster

PC Zone Review

Attachments:
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Previous Months 95 – August 2024: Cricket Games Cricket 96/Ian Botham’s International Cricket 96