DOS Games Convention

Home Forums DOS Talk DOS Games Convention

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• tamsin.lm
    Participant

Just wondering how folx here would feel about a DOS gaming convention. Kind of in the vain of VCF, but instead of being general retro tech, specifically focus on DOS and focus on games. Perhaps get computers on an IPX network for multiplayer and stuff.

I appreciate this community comes from all over the world, but that just makes me wonder if there would be interest for a con in each corner of the globe. I have no doubt the turnout would never be like events like VCF as it’s a niche of a niche, but would enough people be down for that sort of a meetup?

If folx already know of any by all means point me in their direction!

TigerQuoll
    Participant
    Podcaster

Well, I’d definitely love to attend something like that, but to your point I live pretty far away from any of the likely locations (Europe or the US), and distance could be prohibitive for me.

Pix
    Participant
    Podcaster

We do have Amiga and Spectrum conventions in the UK. Probably others I’m unaware of. Always felt a bit like I’m the only one as a DOS gamer though. I do like the idea.

JorgeYYZ
    Participant

I love the idea and I would totally attend one if I lived in the same country as the conference. Here in Brazil we have plenty of anime and gaming conventions. These usually cover a bit of retro console gaming.

However, when it comes to retrocomputing, especially MS-DOS, I would dare to say that I have never seen such a thing around my little corner of the woods.
    I do enjoy watching LGR going to VCF, reading about it online, and so on. Those kinds of conventions are right up my alley and I dream that someday I will be able to attend one, talk to people about this hobby, and buy myself some big box PC games.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums DOS Talk DOS Games Convention