Greetings from Coburg, Germany

Home Forums User Introductions Greetings from Coburg, Germany

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• dajoho
    Participant

Hello DGC Members!

I’m Dave and I found this club via the podcast. I’m slowly working through the catalogue of episodes whenever I have time and have just reached the one about Alley-Cat. I really like how the humour and jive has developed over the course of the episodes and am enjoying every one.

About me: I’m 40, originally from the UK but have been living in Germany since 2005 working as a Web-Developer. I grew up with DOS – it was one of my main toys during my childhood and love tinkering with it to get things working.

Over the holidays I got the opportunity to get my retro-pc running again, which is an all-rounder Pentium III in an old McDonalds server rack case, with MT-32 and SC55 midi-synths, housed in a dedicated desk/cupboard from a friend who had it custom-made for his own PC back in the 90s.

I would like to attempt to take part in September game and play Beneath a Steel Sky, so I’ve spent the last two evenings knee-deep in sound-card configurations without wellies, swearing at two different Sound-Blasters, TSRs, DMA-problems and tearing my hair out (what’s left of it) about IRQ-conflicts.

Today I gave up, ripped out the ISA cards, installed a PCI-Solo1, setup SoftMMU, messed around with a dubious-looking “SKYDRV” TSR, that activates BASS-Speech AND MT-32 at the same time and here is (finally) the result:

Looking forward to taking part and discussing the game with you via the forums. I’ll probably find out that I hate it!

Greetings from Oberfranken

Dave

Martli
    Participant

Hey, great set up! I’ll have to give that TSR a go on my rig as I’m slumming it with OPL3 right now just so I can have the speech 😂

OfManNotMachine
    Participant

Love the set up!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums User Introductions Greetings from Coburg, Germany