Raven Software

Home Forums Current Game: Heretic Raven Software

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• fastwinstondoom
    Participant

I believe this is our first game by this legendary studio?

Sad to think about that all they’ve made for the last 14 years are CoD games 🙁

watchful
    Participant

They were really great back in the day. I cannot recall a game of theirs I didn’t enjoy. Even CoD was quite fun for a while, and can be from time to time. I’d agree it is sad they are locked into that franchise.

dr_st
    Participant

Hey, if your goose lays golden eggs, why would you give those up?

I am so not into CoD or warfare-type shooters in general (except perhaps Wolfenstein), that I didn’t even realize that series had been made by Raven.

Mike
    Participant
    Podcaster

I believe it’s just some of the entries or even just DLC? They weren’t the creators of the series and I wish they weren’t stuck in the CoD world. Not every game of theirs worked for me but at least they were always trying new things

TigerQuoll
    Participant
    Podcaster

Huh, just Raven up on Wikipedia. Had some misconceptions corrected – I thought they had been around longer, making games mostly for the Amiga.
    I think ShadowCaster might be ripe for an episode on DOS Game club. And CyClones looks interesting too. Why have I never heard of that one?

fastwinstondoom
    Participant

Shadowcaster just might be the most interesting “wolf3d clone” out there? I’ve never played it but the shapeshifting mechanic seems quite novel.

Them not even being the leads on most of the CoD projects just makes it all even more sad, really. Like Mike said, not everthing they made landed for everyone but I enjoyed most of their stuff. I had their game Mageslayer back in the late 90s, a sort of top down hack ‘n slasher… not the best game but I enjoyed the heck out of it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Current Game: Heretic Raven Software